The Journey Begins (pt 5 - Cassomir)

Another day, and I'm still here. I've looked over my maps, and settled on a decision to travel via boat the first leg of the journey after all. I headed to the docks this morning, searching for a river vessel heading back up river, and was unable to find anything until well into the day that I both trusted and could afford. Finally a lumber vessel came in, shepherding quite a haul of logs to the shipyards, and I was able to book passage with them as they headed back up river. They'll get me most of the way to Bellis at the least.

The fever from whatever was on that wretched thugs knife has finally subsided completely, and I'm certain now that I will be fine in a day or two. However, the incident has left me a little concerned. I hadn't the coin for a potion of curing for disease or poison, but I was able to acquire a vial of antitoxin and a healing potion. They might come in handy down the road..though I'd certainly prefer to be traveling with a better stockpile.

The Inn has been rather quiet the last night and tonight, most of the patrons having moved on. I asked the serving girl in the tavern about it, and she said that it always seems that travelers come through in waves, leaving and going in groups rather than as individuals. I suppose I'm odd in that I am traveling alone, perhaps I should look to find some companions for the road ahead after all. If the incident in the alleyway has taught me nothing, it is that a single person is an inviting target, even when they are under arms.

It's something to consider. My boat leaves early in the morning, so I'll take breakfast in the Rusted Rudder and never see Cassomir again it is likely. The journey continues onward, and tomorrow is a new horizon to see!

Dinner at The Rusted Rudder Inn & Tavern

No comments:

Post a Comment