The Journey Begins (pt 4 - Cassomir)

Yesterday was a long sort of day..don't even know where to start at this point how to put the last couple of days on paper.

The morning was strange to say the very least. I was wandering the marketplace when a strange old Varisian woman came up to me and pressed something into my hand. Before I could say I wasn't interested, she said 'Take it..you will need it in the places to which you will journey child.. There is darkness beneath the shadow of viridian boy.." and then she vanished again into the crowd. When I looked down at what she'd given me, there was a beautifully made pendant of Iomedae..

First thought was, check my purse..but I still had all my belongings. I'm not sure what it was all about, but..I think I'll hold onto this pendant for a while. Just in case.

Didn't bring me much luck, maybe I should have gone with a pendant of Desna... The day didn't end very well. When I was headed back to the inn that evening, three thugs grabbed me and pulled me into an alleyway. Should have been paying better attention. I managed to wriggle free and get blades drawn, but three on one isn't ever a pretty situation. I managed to bleed one of them pretty well and the other two decided that I was more trouble than whatever was in my purse was worth..unfortunately, turns out that one of them had either poisoned his dagger or just not cleaned it. Not sure which. Wound's been on fire for the past day, and I've puked up everything but my toe-nails..and I've been checking the bucket to see if they came out.

Had to pay for another day, don't want to travel till I'm sure this is over. I think I'll probably take boat tomorrow headed North. For some reason, Cassomir seems to have lost a bit of it's attraction..

No comments:

Post a Comment